Monday, May 21, 2012

Designed


By Angel Edwards 

A Teachable Generation

When I was younger I believed that adults had everything figured out. They always had the answers to my questions. They always seemed to know everything. As I have gotten older I now see the world differently.

Recently school let out and I felt the need to be home for the summer. Having been home for about a week now I have been job searching. Since I have started the job hunt I have been more aware lately of how people communicate with those around them. I have been searching for a place with a positive atmosphere. The sad truth of the matter is that I have seen a lot of miscommunication take place resulting in poor attitiudes, behaviors, and negative atmospheres. I see a desperate need for change. We need a generation with teachable hearts.

I believe the level of teachability a person has is a representation of their walk with God. What I mean by this is that throughout our walk with God He is constantly teaching us. As we read the word He gives us revelation. As we pray He opens our hearts towards Him. As we listen, He speaks. Our relationship with God is all about Him being our all in all and changing us from one degree of glory to the next.
 

We were created to change and transform in order to reflect our Lord and Savior. This truth applies to every moment of every day. This concept does not just apply within the secret place with God alone but also while we are in world. We should always be in a spirit of worship towards God throughout the day.

The elders in my life have often told me that "you can't teach an old dog new tricks". In respect towards my elders I have to say that I absolutly disagree with this secular statement. Our parents, our teachers, our role models have been taught to believe that once you reach a certain age you can't change. This is a lie placed into their minds by the enemy himself. Of course Satan doesn't want you to change the way you are! God sees potenial in you yet the world often drowns it out.

I often think about the transformation that took place in Saul's heart in order to become Paul. One day Saul was executing Christians and in one moment God intervened and everything changed! God took an evil, hard, broken man and transformed him into a light for many. He speaks a powerful testimony of God's identity. He communicates a message of hope. God saw more in Saul than others believed could be possible.
 

Now is the time to take our hearts before God. Ask Him to lead you. What does it mean to be teachable? One day our generation will be leading all the others. Whether you realize it or not you impact the enviroment around you now. I want others to see, through our transformation, that Christ never stops teaching and we never stop growing.
 

During my time at the Honor Academy I learned the meaning of having a teachable spirit. Everyday I impliment what I have learned into my life. Having a teachable heart has aloud the Lord to break through some tough areas in my life. By asking the Lord to open my heart He also opens my ears to hear. Here are just a few practical examples of obtaining a teachable spirit.

As you enter into a classroom or a church service ask the Lord to give you a teachable heart toward the things that He wants you to learn. Pray that He would show you things that you could use to advance His kingdom.
 

While out be aware of those who are hurting around you, let the Lord open your eyes and mouth to go and pray for them. This is a perfect opportunity for you to learn to listen to the spirit.
 

If you're working with others always be humble with what you know. It is always easier to get assistance from someone who has patience to teach.
 

If you are the one who needs assistance ask the Lord to give you an open heart to learn from those He has placed in your life. "Ask, and it will be given to you." - Matthew 7:7
 

These are simply a few. Going throughout the day being aware of the postion of our hearts changes everything. We need to be aware of our actions and the motives behind them. There is a reason for everything. Satan tries to keep everything in the dark but by digging deeper and asking "why" towards our motives will cause us to become more aware of the position of our heart.
 

Some may ask why is this important? Around us is a broken world and while we are not called to be a part of it we do live here momentarily. As Christians we want others to see Christ. We want the fruit of love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control (Galatians 5:22). This fruit cannot be obtained through know-it-all attitudes or in an apathetic learning environment. Through Christ we have the ability, the power, to change the environment around us into a positive productive place. We are to be the encouragement the world seeks to find.
 

What spirit do you carry with you? As children of God we are to wear the armour of light (Romans 13:12). The words you speak, the attitude you have, the tone of voice you use, your behaviors, all these attributes have the ability to deeply impact the ones around you. Know that God has given you the love to love others. Be open to learning and growing in Him. Ephesians 5: 8-11) "...for at one time you were darkness, but now you are light in the Lord. Walk as children of light (for the fruit of light is found in all that is good and right and true), and try to discern what is pleasing to the Lord. Take no part in the unfruitful works of darkness, but instead expose them."

You were DESIGNED to have a teachable heart.


Like 10:31 Life Ministries on Facebook 
Like Angel Edwards on Facebook 

No comments:

Post a Comment